Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would absolutely agree. Nothing wrong with a healthy rivalry as both teams play to win and offer each other great competition...especially being that few other teams do that for them, at least locally that is. The parents sat side-by-side and offered no ill-will toward each other. Those trying to stir the pot are obviously outsiders who have no stake in the game. The assumption that because it was a low scoring game that the play was sloppy is just that...an assumption, and totally off the mark. Watch the film and learn a few things from these 2025 girls who compete at a high level no matter the opponent with speed, great lacrosse IQ, a strong defense and outstanding goalie play. Play between these two teams only make each other stronger and better competitors. Tearing into either team is unwarranted and of no basis.

They may be B/C teams, but they're both still top 5 on the island.

I'll digress - Most B teams are scraps that club directors figure they can make a few bucks on, add below average players to over the winter when they keep a team with 12 kids, or slap a combined 24/25 squad together from the girls they cut and make their portions for the year providing half-Meanylax to these poor people for the cost of the same A team experience. As long as people throw money at these clubs, there will be monstrosities of teams that can barely (can't) catch and throw b/c they want to slap a MY KID PLAYS FOR {insert "ELITE" lax team here} and tell their friends how wasted they got in MD the weekend before and danced on the table at Shoney's later that night with the hostess. On election day of all days, we as a collective long island need to wise up and actually be consumers of a product (travel lax), rather than reliving your glory days when you played against Pat McCabe in a summer league game in Huntington back in '98 and "I swear I yard-saled him on the clear." through your kids.