Originally Posted by Anonymous

Just about every other division championship was won by Team 91. I don't see anyone from MD/NJ/MA/PA complaining about the ages of those teams kids. Just realize that you aren't as good as the Hawks and move on.

I'm a Long Island dad here and I totally agree with this post. Plenty of 91 teams beat the same teams in different age groups. The bottom line is that the talent pool on Long Island at this age group isn't that deep. It just seems to vary from age group to age group. [/quote]

Ever think that maybe there are too many clubs in LI and the talent pool is watered down. There were kids on clubs teams who couldnt catch and throw or use their off hand. i'm not sure what you all pay for club ball but some of these kids should just play for their town team [/quote]

I 100% agree. There are so many options for club teams here on LI, the majority of talent is concentrated to a handful of competitive teams. You also have some quality kids on some B level teams. But they are surrounded by kids who didn't make the other teams and have parents who will just pay to have them play.
The kids who have more talent are going to start making the shift to better teams. The ones who make it will leave where they are and the ones who don't, the parents will eventually get frustrated.
I think you'll see in the next year or two a shift and some of these B teams will start to fizzle out. You can't sustain a club like that.