Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]The Legacy topic..

At this grade level on Long Island you are a B team unless you play, and compete with Express (Haugen & Lemma), Igloo, &

Right now, for 2026 teams, Haugen, 91, Igloo are clearly 1-2-3. And you’re right that you have to compete with these teams, to be considered above a B Tteam. But these are also ten year old kids. Many kids that are on nobody’s radar right now will soon start to emerge. Nobody really knows which teams will step up and be competitive with these teams over the next year or two. But there will be competition coming...

Everyone knows things can change. I think they're obviously referring to right now. No one could possibly predict the future. Look at almost every other A team that these clubs field. They're all 1, 2, & 3. I couldn't imagine them dropping far, if at all.

Very likely that the top three wouldn’t drop to a lower level, if for no other reason than they have large tryouts, and there are plenty of players looking to play for them. They can survive a few players leaving, better than the others. The more interesting question to me is ‘Who will be the teams that step up, and at least become competitive with LI 2026 AA teams?” I’d say it’s not going to be the teams struggling to get fifteen players at its tryouts.. look for a team getting more like 40 or players or more at their tryouts.. I am sure everyone notices the barrage of emails the past few weeks, from lax teams with plenty of positions that they still need to fill! They aren’t coming from 91, Express, or Igloo..