Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am a long island parent , and played laxachusettes yesterday , we have played Hawks and Laxachusettes the last couple of weeks , both in playoff games . First thing that comes to mind is the Laxachusettes parents are great , respectful , and are awesome win or loose , they love there sports and are competitive but understand most of the boys we are talking about havent reached puberty . thyt as a whole have some very good players , of age , if one or two kids are bigger does not make them holbacks or cheaters , class act and a good team . Now the Hawks , not only are the parents unbearable , maybe living there unrealized dreams through there kids , they flat out cheat the system ! for the benefit of winning a t shirt would hold back kids that already are 1 year older then most others. One parent from Bethesda real nice mon laughed when i said the Hawks say the whole roster is 11 and younger ,, COME ON MAN ,,,let it go ,,you keep yelling HAWKS until these touraments smarten up and require Birth year and Matrix charts ,,,like every other sports,,so to your question,,,LI parents respect laxachusetts and laugh at HAWKS

I am a Tigers XXVI father. Having played the Hawks, Laxachusetts, and Express this year I have to say that I have exchanged kind words with parents on all three teams. At the same time I have heard nonsense out of the mouths of parents on all three teams as well. Open your eyes LI parent, you have some winners on your sidelines as well. Every team does. Also, you realize that the Massachusetts age cut off for school is the same as Maryland don't you? You never see LI parents complaining about that in here. heck, the biggest kid in the NLF tournament was on the Tigers, and no one that I heard questioned his age.

MD is known for holding kids back along with the school cut off being different. So many of the kids are 1 1/2 to 2 years older than LI kids.

MA dad - Not LXC

That's fair. Maybe there are a few but the LI parents behave as if there are 18 holdbacks out there.