While I agree the rising price of these organizations is getting out of hand this year. Ill respond with an example using my family. I have 2 sons. One is a very good player (still has much to learn) and plays for one of the top teams in this age group. My older son who is a good player but doesn't play for a top tier team as he didn't make it so he is playing for a smaller organization but a decent club. We pay more than double the price of my younger son than my older. What we get for the money is night and day.
-youngest practices / trains 3 days a week while my oldest practices once a week. (this is key)
-youngest gets 3 coaches, 1 for each position. None of the coaches have kids on the team, oldest gets 2 coaches. One is a great coach the other is a Dad coach
-youngest gets 10 tournaments while my oldest will get 6.
-Swag items, my youngest gets everything. my youngest gets a uniform, shooting shirt.

My family is not rich by any means but when it comes to my sons wanting to play and allowing them to play and train to the best of their abilities I think the choice is clear when I had to make it.

I do think there are people (parents mostly) that throw around the fact that their son plays for 91, Express thinking it a thing of stature. I cant stand those people.And trust me my youngest has a few of them on his team.

Now if my youngest says to me next season I don't want to play anymore I may just disown him! LOL It would hurt (a lot) but in the end I do all of this for them. And I want them to be excited for what ever they do.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
This age is completely dominated by 3 teams... Express, 91, and maybe Igloo. No other team is remotely in the same league...

Yeah and paying 4K plus for each team . Who cares stop living thru your kid. Bet your kid never rides his bike too.

People care. 35+ kids are on the Express team. I will say the team goes non stop and practice wise it’s a ton. So is it better to be on a team that has the minimum number of practices or be on team that has like 50-70 practices and playing time is tough to come by.

28 on Express. 91 will have the same number +/- 1 or 2.

Still an absurd amount to carry. What's the benefit in that for the players/parents? Paying all that money just to say your with Express or 91.