A few years back when this years graduating grade '18's were in 5th , 6th, 7th grade there was a team not considered to be elite just a local team. That team eventually got splintered, after many kids got poached and the organization folded into another.

But many of those boys who were in 5th and 6th grade were told the same as many of these posts. turns out the core of that team won the states and many of those boys are preparing for college lacrosse.

Don't get caught up on what they say the level is, in 5th/6th grade use your judgement. Just make sure they play and get coached in practice. If your son doesn't play (see the field) then leave. The only way you get better is by playing on the field. If your son is the best on the field, others will notice and you will notified if another team wants to Poach your son (and that is okay - it is your decision to stay or go).

I would say in 7th and 8th grade is where you want to try and position your son (not 5th and 6th). If you like where you are stay, if not then try to get him more exposure. but again it is playing time your son needs. What I would also say is, what is lost in many of the youth teams. Try to be on a team with potential HS teammates. The more the merrier. If you are a Defender try to get with your goalie or another defender/LSM. If attck/Middie get with someone you will play with. This servers many purposes. 1). Its better to go through all of this with a lifelong friend and 2). you will build and maintain field presence.

Good luck with your journey. it is long and at times questionable. but it is your journey (and as the saying goes, its the journey not the destination) define it as best as you can.

One thing I will say - I am so glad the recruiting rules changed. I believe in 2015 something changed and the recruiting sped up (as well as much of the shadiness).