It always seems to come down to the PAL leagues vs the clubs, i really don't know why it has to come to that. Remember the PAL league is something that runs for 3 months. For many clubs they are going most of the year like 11 months. If kids want to be committed to lacrosse dont know why they cant co exist.
Or why there is such vitriol about the town vs club situation. Some towns have tried to have their own club experiment. Some do ok with it.
But i would not bash all the clubs. I think many try to give kids a good path of a more competitive atmosphere of learning, and thats good.
If you want to argue with what they charge or how much they do you can debate that. Thats why parents need to do their homework on the clubs and see if a particular club is right for them, location, price, level, coaches, activity.

kids will shuffle around and end up on multiple teams. There are many many options but parents just have to do their homework to find the right situation for their kid.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is there any talk of Nassau PAL and Suffolk PAL doing anything together? A tournament or all-star game vs. each other? The All-star thing would be tough because you'd have a coaches kid vs. coaches kid game but why not a cross county town tournament?

The club tournaments outside of the 4 team "A" brackets are town kids playing with kids from another town competing against true town teams (and losing). Why not just get the best town teams playing against each other? We would 100% see better competition overall and get more L.I. kids involved.

Too many of the flyby-night clubs travel off L.I. or play meaningless competition and who does that help and what cost does that add to the already high cost of lacrosse?

If anyone on here has sway with that you'd do more for our kids then arguing about Legacy. JMHO