Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Would be very curious to see what would happen if Laxachusetts, practiced from September to July as a team, then played a full slate of fall tournaments, followed by a dozen games in a spring league (like HOCO), then played the summer circuit, versus picking the roster 3 weeks before the June 1, practicing 3 times together then playing and BEATING the Hawks like LXC did last July in MD. My guess is the Hawks wouldn't stand a chance. Maybe you didn't know that the team was put together weeks before the summer with 3 practices though...not having played a single game prior to the summer tournament schedule. But they encourage 11 years olds to be multi sport athletes and most on the team excel at an elite level, in one or two other sports. That's the reality, my friend.

Amen to that ! Most of the very best lax players are also studs in football or soccer, and are not burnt out by the time they reach HS.
But I will gladly let the one sport "wonder boys" do what they do best, wilt under pressure when they get older.

My son plays football, and Basketball, as well as Hawks. Nice try though.