I would say that it is a practice that is just not limited to maryland, and yes you are correct, there are programs that are filled with holdbacks. that is why the whole youth lacrosse atmosphere is a joke. You never know who you are going to be playing so do not rely on what is winning or losing. Are you kids playing in competitive games, thereby they will develop better.
The World series is one tournament that enforces more strictly the age requirements of players, i just make an observation that the long island teams have dominated that tournament for the most part thus far. that is not to say with all the political BS out there that some teams refuse to go to the tournament which is also a joke. Bottom line, the kids are kids, let them develop dont worry about winning and losing as much as are you in a program where your son can develop and get better, and also have fun.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
yes our 4th graders are coming to play your 7th graders that are in 4th grade,, lol
Any LI teams coming south for some preseason action? I heard a few teams will be heading up to play in the summer from the South

Nice to have good competitve games and see different teams from different areas

I don't live in MD, or LI, but I read several other forums. There are pages and pages of Long Island parents complaining about hold backs on other Long Island programs and school districts. Yet it is their first line of defense when they talk about playing a Maryland team.