Originally Posted by Anonymous
The same guy over and over defending the Hawks. Please stop saying "notIntelligent" It's 2 words.

You are spending an awful lot of time defending a team that you claim doesn't used hold backs/reclassed kids. Clearly you know the kids are older and want everyone here to believe you. The problem is that everyone that has played against the Hawks knows they play with older boys.

Sorry we dont.

At the end of the day, playing against the Hawks (however old they are) makes my boy better in the long run. Its better to play against them then thumping lesser skilled teams and bad lax habits are not brought to the forefront. As the boys get older, the age means less and less. The 8th/9th graders will be playing against older kids in school, so it will prepare them for it. As long as the refs control the physical aspect of the game at this age so no one gets hurt because of the size difference, I'm good with it. We don't need any more t shirts.

This is correct. My oldest son always had to play up 2 grades for football because of the weight class. In 5th grade he was playing with and against 7th graders. It helped him big time. When he got to HS it really paid off.

Is he on the 2026 Hawks team now? lol