Originally Posted by Anonymous
Me and my 5th grade LI kid are not spending the summer driving up and down 95 to play travel lacrosse in the heat. He played plenty of good lax this past year. We're spending our summer weekends handing out with friends and family - at the beach, playing other sports in a relaxed setting, etc. We'll probably get serious about travel lacrosse in a few years. You and your kid will be burnt out then and then you'll hold him back so he can play against younger kids. We will probably never see you on the lax field as a result. But my little Jimmy is pretty good. He may not get a full ride to Hopkins but if he decides to focus on lax in a few years he will likely play college ball just like I did. It's a marathon not a sprint my friend. Anyone getting worked up about 5th grade travel lax teams doesn't understand that. Good luck.

Sorry you were cut. Glad you aren’t going to give up and will eventually try again.
Cheers, have another beer.

Ha, that's good stuff. There are about 20 travel lax teams in LI and probably more in MD. If you want to play travel lax, someone will gladly take your $4k (plus travel). But you keeping yapping to your work buddies about how good your son's 5th grade travel lax team. I'm sure they find it fascinating when you talk about how some rec time named Seawater or Saltwater almost beat the mighty 5th graders from Team 91 LI. And enjoy your Friday nights and Sunday afternoons on 95. I'll catch you in a few years.

If you are paying 4K a year to play the level of lacrosse you all arent getting a good return on your investment. Seriously because rec teams like Saltwater and Diamondbacks are beating LI teams. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!