Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think the NIKE tryout is handled the right way.
The evaluators and Coaches for this team should refund the kids money who went to tryouts and thought they had a legitimate chance.
And before you start I do NOT have any dog in this fight. I just think this tournament is now becoming a National Team Club tournament in some areas.
If the kids are good enough to make the Baltimore team I am pretty confident they would have made the correct region team.
CSE should require these kids to play on the correct region team, That would only make their correct region team stronger I would think .
They can play all summer with the 91 team if that is in fact who they play for and their parents are willing to foot the bill for getting them to and from, but it is plain wrong to play for a regional team when you don't live in the region and the tournament organizers should stop the free for all.

Don't live in the region, and don't go to HS in the region. Just meet up with a team from that region to play in a tournament or two in the summer. The World Series was that way too. It is supposed to be club teams but they give a 100 mile radius as well as just 2 tournaments needed prior to the WS to be eligible for that team.