Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think in terms of education JC is just a glorified public school. I know my son looked at the school and got the sense they were not going to offer anything more than what Bel Air offered in terms of education for $18000. There is MUCH MORE TO HS then Lacrosse; I know shocking!!!

then vs. than... They teach the difference in private school and glorified public schools.

Taught by the baseball coach who took 1 English class in college with a degree in phys ed.

Than is used in comparisons as a conjunction - Gilman has more to offer THAN Bel Air. Then is an indication of time. So thank you for proving my point again.
No dog in the fight but after watching the game, Severn controlled the game. The coaches strategized and the players executed. Severn maintained long possessions and BL struggled to get their offense going against the solid defensive play of Severn. Goalie play on teams was impressive. Severn struggled to clear at times. The FOGO for Severn won every single faceoff in the last 3 quarters, impressive.

I’d say Severn won.

Severn is extremely well coached and has the best FOGO in the Conference. They have to remain healthy to make the semis as they don't have a deep bench. We've seen them beat SP and BL but lose to McD. Very nice program. With Severn playing well, the best programs are now from the AA County: SM, Spalding and Severn. Why is that? Do they have better rec and club programs? Clearly this has occurred. Why is the question.
Premature to draw any kind of conclusions.