Originally Posted by Anonymous
How man of those D1 commits, independent of where they went to school, end up leaving the game or transferring to a school with a lower ranked program? I suspect the numbers are large outside of the few who see the field early in their careers. I'd rather see stats for who played for and graduated where than where they committed. Also curious how many go back to school because they couldn't get the degree they wanted while also playing lacrosse. Lots of Communications and Sports Management majors in the D1 ranks. Using what school allowed you the privilege to try out for a spot (committed player) as the measure of how "successful" any given school is is a narrow view, but it's all that matters are the lax rankings as we see on these boards every day.

The numbers of who gets recruited to D1 are pretty clear, public vs private, at least from NoVa to Mass.

Once you are in the door at a D1 program, nobody cares where you came from and you are subjected to all of the above problems which are real problems. Young Millon will learn this in about 18 months. I think you would be hard pressed to prove that D1 lax athletes from private schools have a different professional/life trajectory than D1 lax athletes from public schools. I think *especially* because D1 programs will push students (whether you had a 4.5 GPA at Gilman or a 3.2 at Dulaney or a 2.9 at BL) take on easier courses of study. All of them.

Does anyone know what the % player attrition (transfer, dropout, or just leaving the team) are at D1, D2, D3? That's an interesting question.