Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have NO sympathy for kids that attend CHC (and BL and LB) and stand on the sidelines. It is common knowledge that Varsity teams at these schools have 40-50 players on the team and 16 kids see the field each game. They choose NOT to attend MIAA schools in their neighborhood where they could be starters.

My son is a 10th grade varsity player at one of those schools, on an academic scholarship. He plays almost none. Our house is 1.2 miles from campus. Son is rocking a 4.1 GPA, and the Catholic bent to the education is a perfect fit for him. He will have a chance to play at the next level (realistically D2/D3 or low level D1 MAYBE), but he may choose a dream school for academics instead. He will play more (slightly) in 11th grade. He loves being part of the team. It's a serious achievement.

TLDR, these kids do not need or want your sympathy. Not everybody wants to be a starter at St. Pallotti or The Heights or wherever, just to make them feel better that "I'm a starter." BTW please tell us what our "neighborhood MIAA-C school" is in Towson. Beth Tfiloh? (again, we're Catholic)... Park School at $42K?

But sure, If there are dads complaining about the choices they helped their kids make for school, they should have been better informed ahead of time, and not been so gullible as to fall head over heels for the "recruiting." I'll give you that.