Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The bigger issue is the format. You have 10 minutes to show your stuff so ball possession becomes precious. UA should change the format so players get more time on the field to be evaluated and thus reduce the amount of ball hogging that goes on. The current format misses a lot of good players and advances less talented players who take advantage of their limited time by hogging the ball. Very dissapointing to keep kids out for 6 hours on school nights and not accommplish the desired result.

The worst is the rewards for selfish play - showcase lacrosse at it's worst. It was a disgusting display of "every shot is a good shot" and if you don't try to run through 3 long poles you are never going to touch the ball again. I saw one kid take a good 7 or 8 shots on the same possession - all misses. Really grotesque butchery of an otherwise great game - but the 10 min field time forces this. There has to be a better way.

You must be referring to the kid in the Top 88 game. At least the evaluators recognized how selfish he was and he did not advance to the next round. College coaches in attendance must have been disgusted by the type of lacrosse they witnessed and shocked at some of the players who were selected to the Top 88. Corrigan sports certainly lost a lot of credibility and is going to have to address the way they conduct future LI tryouts. For a second last night, I thought I was at the Brine tryouts.