Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Manhasset is trying to keep their players home. This year they were significantly under represented (relative to prior years) on the Chaminade Freshman team, which means that the good kids are staying put.

GC is Trying to do the same...even though they do loose some each year."

Kids have been leaving Manhasset and GC for Chaminade for decades. What exactly has been the great epiphany recently that all of a sudden these public schools have now woken up and they are only now trying to "keep their players home" after so many decades. Also, tell us what that conversation is like and between who? The coach and parents? The principal and parents? Who initiates it? I doubt any parent would call the coach or principal to give them a heads up - "hey, you might want to stroke our egos because we're about to jump ship". If that's not how it goes then give us an example of how this new thing of trying keep kids home actually works. Does the principal only focus on the lacrosse players while ignoring the golfers and book worm kids who are free to go without a fight? This is getting funnier and funnier.

I cant believe you are so blind. I am sure the coaches and administration know when a child is considering leaving (for either sports of academics). The kids talk and the parents not confirming anything is sometimes telling.

If from the Middle School years and up the coach or dept head is not interested in your child A he is not as good as you think or the coach/teach is a dope and you better start considering the alternatives.

When confronted by an administrator and asked about what your plans for high school are what do you do. Is it any of their business what you are doing. NO, it is not it is a family decision. Don't lie and see what they say. never initiate that conversation. If you don't know you don't know tell them.

Remember the jealous people will always talk and will sell your son out in a minute. They will always say who went to open house or who took the "test" they'll even say who went to the Prep class. I always wondered how they knew. A healthy relationship is always best just in case it doesn't work out for whatever reason.