Originally Posted by Anonymous
Right, GC = mediocre
And they will never be good enough to win again.

OK check please

Let's play a game... What names strike the feeling of fear in the hearts of upstate teams like Yorktown, West Genny, Niskayuna, Janesville Dewitt?

My guess is that the Smithtowns, Northports, Lynbrooks , etc don't come to mind.

They think of the WM, WI, GC, Manhasset, teams. But from now on, according to Mr.Smithtown ... They will never be a factor again.

WOW

GC mediocre this year, another poster suggested this trend will continue.

Nobody scared of Manhasset! Beat 2x by Lynbrook, so I know who I wouldn't want to play

Don't think any of the upstate teams were too scared of WI or Melville this year. They were very scared of the Stowns, next year East will be ranked #1 in Suffolk with a great shot at a state title, and yes teams will be scared, but it's up to them to work hard and not get caught up in all the hype like West did this year. As for the others, like I said, anyone's game....who wants it?!?

Right, Smithtown #1

And the reason that Yorktown drives right past Both Smithtowns and Northport on their way to play WM is because they are afraid.

It could not have any thing to do with the fact that they want to challenge the by playing the best programs and best talent.

Nobody driving past the Smithtowns to play WM this year! Check the record, that's the only proof you need! Sorry if the truth hurts.

Fact check:
04/05 Yorktown at Ward Melville- which WM won in OT 7 – 8