Originally Posted by Anonymous

The whole daddy coach thing confuses me. Is it that a person is a father is what makes him a bad choice? Could it be that if a person is unfairly appointed or selected, regardless of his unqualified nature, that this makes him a poor choice? What if somebody is truly mega qualified, and offers to help for free, as he may be a professional at high level? If this person happens to have a kid in the district, should the district pass him by? Many of you think so. I do not agree. I just see no effort to even thinly veil the jealous nature of the complaints. Come up with a better reason than asserting that a daddy coach is a bad thing. If a daddy coach puts his kid in a spot, and the freshman (oops) delivers what most seniors cannot, then why not concede that he did well? Oh, no, can't do that. It wasn't little Seymour.

as i understand it you are missing an important element - the dad/coach is also an owner of a pay for play summer team and that some people might feel that kids that pay to play on his team have an unfair advantage on the public high school team.