Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

The whole daddy coach thing confuses me. Is it that a person is a father is what makes him a bad choice? Could it be that if a person is unfairly appointed or selected, regardless of his unqualified nature, that this makes him a poor choice? What if somebody is truly mega qualified, and offers to help for free, as he may be a professional at high level? If this person happens to have a kid in the district, should the district pass him by? Many of you think so. I do not agree. I just see no effort to even thinly veil the jealous nature of the complaints. Come up with a better reason than asserting that a daddy coach is a bad thing. If a daddy coach puts his kid in a spot, and the freshman (oops) delivers what most seniors cannot, then why not concede that he did well? Oh, no, can't do that. It wasn't little Seymour.

as i understand it you are missing an important element - the dad/coach is also an owner of a pay for play summer team and that some people might feel that kids that pay to play on his team have an unfair advantage on the public high school team.

Unfair because they are scary good