Originally Posted by Anonymous
WELCOME TO THE EVOLUTION OF LACROSSE , THIS IS NOT THE 80'S , TRAVEL BALL SUPERCEDES TOWN IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE GAME , LIKE IT OR NOT ! LOOK AT THE LONG LIST BETWEEN 91 AND EXPRESS ON COMMITMENTED PLAYERS , THEY CERTAINLY WERE NOT FROM TOWN PERFORMANCE AND ALSO REALIZE THAT MAJORITY OF THE TOWN PLAYERS DO BELONG TO AN UPPER TIER TRAVEL ORGANIZATION.

What does everyone think about the situation that prevented HHH HSW from making the playoffs. The "head"coach who has been plagued by years of complaints against him to the school district AD yet continues on each year after verbal warnings then lets in a "DADDY COACH" to coach the team this season! What place does a daddy coach have, regardless of credentials, on a public hs team? That is the question of today. This coach only began when his son started playing on the team and the worst part is he advocates for and pushes ahead his money paying team 91 players (of which he is a part owner). It is like the St ANts/Cham Express problem all over again. Parents feel obligated to enroll their sons in team 91 due to the team 91 bias just as ST ants/cham kids knew they had to sign up for Express if they wanted to see a minute on the field. This season it was so flagrant that the daddy coach not only pushed his son ahead of other well deserving players but manipulated the entire line-up to his advantage and pushed the 91 ahead of other deserving players spots. The district even faced a well founded lawsuit over the actions of this daddy coach and his involvement in school lacrosse, starting in middle school when he followed his son there and pushed 91 players to early invitations to jv and varsity off season events. How is he on the sidelines again after the lawsuit. What are people's opinions on parent coaches in hs team. I do not think he is paid so that is not the issue? How do you weigh in on this topic? My son is an underclassman but the writing is on the wall and I was wondering how we go about changing it with an unresponsive AD

Sorry to hear your situation. Unfortunately you are not the only district and it is not only travel teams, but happens with summer teams run by high school coaches as well. Would love to learn more about the lawsuit and the conflict of interest between summer ball and school ball. You need to have a strong AD that has integrity and can address the issue when such a conflict exists. Most just turn a blind eye. It is sad that politicking has taken over all sports and no one has to earn their spot anymore on their own merit and not daddy or mommy's connections. I wish you luck but unfortunately it is an uphill battle you are climbing.

Smithtown West all-americans not on travel teams!
Smithtown west is an exception, just as there are a few others. Most school districts have not had the policy in place, where they restrict participation with outside travel clubs, for long enough to feel/ field the results. Most of us middle of the road towns applaud SWest, and the others, and even spectate at their games. Until our school commits to fielding fantastic coaching and year round training, my freshman will have to return coaches calls received through his travel coach.