Originally Posted by Anonymous
To all you Chaminade haters just look at their schedule. Week in and week out they play a top team. They can't play everyone and have to play their conference games. You know those conference games that Hills wins 20-2 and run up the score which Chaminade never does. Chaminade does not recruit players and have their pick of the best. Some of the best kids could not get in or did not want to attend. JM never knows what he has until the first day of school. Then they have to buy into the Chaminade way and stick it out before JM even gets them on his team. Not to mention the 2 -3 hours of school work each night. Just so happens the St Anthony's game and the Yorktown game came during Trimesters and senior tests so work load was even more intense. No excuses they got beat and could lose the next two. Why could they lose because again they are getting ready to play a top team from CT and good old Delbarton and then playoffs. There is no tougher schedule out there

I'm a SA parent and alum and find i need to defend the Bubble Bathers here (still can't believe i am though smile ). there is no shame in losing a game to Yorktown (tests or no tests). Quality program up there. Losses happen. Just hoping they lose 2 more games this year and not against Greenwich, Fairfield Prep or Delbarton!

Elite private lax programs should never lose to a town team that has a small fraction of the talent pool to draw from. Two years in a row? It's an embarassment - especially on your home field. Period.

Compare the number of college committed kids between Chaminade and Yorktown. The result is a huge surprise any way you look at it. Yorktown, the giant slayer!

If you combined the # of D1 commits between Yorktown and Greenwich I bet it isn't half of what Chaminade has. How on earth do these little town teams embarrass this supposed lax giant? Greenwich is particularly impressive given how much talent in the town goes to Brunswick.

Chaminade kids are politically connected and overrated

Just a NJ dad here with no dog in the fight. Cut Chamindae some slack. They play an incredibly tough schedule every year and typically are a top team year in and year out. However, it is very tough to run the gauntlet because everyone comes after you. Delbarton in NJ has the same situation. Always good teams with a lot of talent, but very difficult to run the gauntlet playing Chaminadae, St. Ants, Summit (who seems to have their number), Mountain Lakes, etc.