Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Chaminade 10 Ward Melville 5.

Very interesting game, Cham jumped early and often and WM looked like a deer in the headlights early on, but the WM goalie settled down and had a very good second half, Cham goalie had an excellent game. The game was not as close as the score but I think in about a month this would be a closer game, WM needs some time but I think they will there at the end.

Note to WM parents, yes most of the calls where against you but that is because you kept fouling and the damn refs kept calling the fouls. Last year was a great team and you should be very proud but it's over and WM needs to realize you are not entitled to win just because you show up, the boys need to win it on the field.

Why was the game interesting?

The difference in the game was not the goalies.

Why would the game be different in a month?

Why does Ward Melville need more time?

Does Ward Melville not play together with the same coaches throughout the year? Are their skills going to improve significantly in a month? Is their knowledge of the game going to improve?
Are they going to get faster? What will make them get better?
Do you think that Chaminade is going to become less skilled in a month? Are they going to become slower? Is the coaching going to decline?

The questions I would be asking are why are the Chaminade players more skilled and why do they have a better understanding of the game?

Why is Chaminade better prepared to play against tough competition?

Why did Ward Melville "look like a deer in the headlights"?

Tell me if i am wrong, you sound like a Ward Melville parent giving a back handed compliment to Chaminade while at the same time trying to say Ward Melville is not that bad.

My take on the game is that Ward Melville is a good team. Chaminade is a better team but that does not matter because Ward Melville will not play anyone as strong as Chaminade. Smithtown West and Northport will compete but that is about it.