Originally Posted by Anonymous
I absolutely agree 100% with your post. Unfortunately a lot of coaches play the favorite game. Either because of parent friendships or some other agenda. Bringing up freshman and some sophomores because the parents are in the coaches ear and don't rock the boat. I have never seen so much b/s in another sport. I am by no means unhappy with my kids situation on the high school team. My issue is that his coach is clearly playing kids that are not ready to play at the varsity level. All this while sitting seniors that a clearly better. Maybe he is thinking about a few years down the road. But like you said the coaches should concentrate on the team and on winning. But concentrate on winning with this team and this year. Do not sacrifice a season or 2 because you think you are going to build a dream team by bringing up 13 year olds to get them ready for a county championship in 2017. Play the best you have now.

No coach sits a senior, who is better then a 9th or 10th grader, unless there is a disipline poroblem. I would say 99% of the time the parent has the wrong perception about how good their kid is. It is just too hard for the parents to admit that to themselves. I have first hand knowledge of this.