3. Salisbury (Conn.), 9-2

4. Avon Old Farms (Conn.), 12-1

5. Greenwich (Conn.), 10-1

6. Garden City (N.Y.), 12-2

7. Chaminade (N.Y.), 9-2

8. St. Anthony’s (N.Y.), 10-3

9. Yorktown (N.Y.), 10-3

10. Taft (Conn.), 10-1

Massapequa lost to both Chaminade and Garden City but are ranked ahead of both teams. Chaminade lost to Yorktown and is ranked ahead of them. Smithtown West with 1 loss by 1 goal to rival East is ranked below Massapequa with 2 losses. Huh?
Have to agree with you. I have seen Massapequa play a few times this year as I have a relative on the team, but they shouldn't be ranked # 1. They played both Garden City and Chaminade tough and close but still a loss is a loss. The rest of their schedule has not been challenging at all. They should win the county title again easily as Nassau A is very weak. They are a very deep team but I think their non-challenging schedule will come back to hurt them against the eventual Suffolk A champ. They haven't played a worthy opponent since early March. Suffolk A is so much more challenging. This is why they are better prepared to move on to the states. I think if you removed Massapequa from Nassau A this year, and replaced them with any of the top 8 Suffolk teams, any of those Suffolk teams would win Nassau.