Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why this sounds like coming from 10&11 wm parents complaining?
SHAME!
WM is better than this.
Playing WM JV does guarantee making Var Team.

Stop complaining and talk to wm coaches if you have any issues.

You are right WM parents do complain a lot. Just watch tape of WM and Chaminade game or talk to parents from SW game. My guess is it is the upperclassman or parents upset that there kids are not seeing playing time.

Ward Melville has one 9th grader and two 10th graders who see meaningful playing time. No different from recent years, they have been bringing up 9th and 10th graders for many years at Melville. The Senior Class has the most players who see significant playing time with 6 or 7. Junior Class is right there with with 5 -7. They have a bunch of 9th and 10th graders on the Varsity but they do not see a lot of game time.

Can you explain today asinine loss by the coach and his 9th graders/10 graders super star's as well his calculated move to kill the clock with so much time left.

Unfortunately no. I was not at the game but last I checked Lacrosse is a team sport so I doubt is was one or two players who were responsible for the loss.
I never called the 9th and 10th graders superstars. What I did was point out that the makeup of this team (in terms of grade and who plays) is no different from recent years. The majority of the playing time goes to seniors and juniors. Did something changed yesterday? Did more than one 9th grader see significant playing time yesterday? How about 10th graders? Did more than two 10th graders see a lot of action? I assume it was the same as it has been.

9th - 1
10th - 2
11th - 5 - 6
12th - 5 - 7

I do not agree with it but that is the way it has been at Ward Melville for several years.

Are there players on the sideline who are just as good or better than the players on the field? Yes there are. That has been happening for a while as well but it does not mean that the players who are lucky enough to play are not good.

I can not elaborate on the game management but I will say that players need to play until the final whistle. I am sure the coach did not tell the boys to stop playing defense.

If you weren't there then why are you commenting. Unless of course you get the play by play form the coaches that you have on speed dial. It is all clear to me now.

Commenting because there are some people who are complaining about 9th and 10th graders getting playing time. My point is that Ward Melville has been doing it for years. I don't agree with it and I do not think that they need to do it but they do.

My son is not a 9th or 10th grader and I am not one of the [lacrosse] kissers. I was just pointing to the fact that it is nothing new at WM to bring players up. The majority of playing time goes to the seniors and juniors. As is always the case at WM there are boys on the sideline who are very good players but for whatever reason the coaches choose to go with other players.