Originally Posted by Anonymous

I guess what you are saying is supporting his argument. If you win Suffolk A you are by default considered the best team in the best conference so you should go all the way and if not then its a disappointing season and brings into question how good the conference is. What you are saying is that the Suffolk A champ is the best HS team out there because they won the best conference. But if they don't win the State then what does that say about the conference?

two different arguments - I think most people would agree that the AFC north is the best division in the NFL with every team having a winning record and that NFC South is the worst division in the NFL with every team having a losing record, but if the Saints go on a run and win the Superbowl it does not make their division any better it makes the Saints the champions. Winning the Suffolk A's does not give you an automatic state champion but losing to the eventual state champions by one is no disgrace - no conference on LI can match the depth of Suffolk A and there is probably not a public school league in the country that can match the quality and depth of Suffolk A ( I am a parent of a player in Nassau A)

Nobody will ever remember the winner of the AFC North (Suffolk A). The only thing anybody will remotely remember is the Super Bowl Champ (Pequa).

I disagree in years to come some may question who even won. and will talk about the two smithtowns. But then again that conversation depends where you hail from.