Originally Posted by Anonymous
What impact do you think the Chaminade losses (as an example)will have on early recruiting?

If HS programs with a significant number of early recruits on their roster continue to lose to teams made up of kids that have not been early recruited, I think it will force a slow down in the early recruiting trend.

Projecting forward to 2017-2018 it does not bode well for ACC schools which are full of early recruits from the power schools.
None - they know they be well-coached and know what they are getting in general from the Chaminades and Delbartons of the world. Coaches don't just take a kid because he went to a certain school.

Chaminade should consider taking up younger players. it is working out really well for other teams. They have a standout Faceoff guy who is a sophomore but refuse to bring him up even as they have trouble in that position.

My son is a freshman (not a hold back) playing on a top 25 ranked H.S. team. He is the 6/7th middie on the team and plays a fair amount but not a ton. They took him on the team as they like to run 7+ middies and he is right there, but not playing as much as he would if he played JV or freshman. However, he is getting much better and has played some key minutes in big games vs. other top teams. I think he should be playing more but really must defer to the coaches. The coaches want to win and will play the best kids that they think can help them win. We all need to trust in that. They are not holding anything against the younger players, but if it is close they will play the older, more experienced kids. Nonetheless, a select number of freshman are making an impact on top teams in the try-state area, even if not at Chaminade or St. Ants.