Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many good publics are there. 3 in nassau. 2 in suffolk. We will see this year big mouth

Chaminade would be demolished if they played a powerhouse like Smithtown East. Wish a game like that would happen. WM should easily beat them as well. Soyosset is also on par with cham. GC and Mannhasst would be good competitive games. Chaminade couldn't even get past tiny Greenwich last year! All the schools mentioned are town teams boasting top recruited players. Why bother paying all that money? Makes no sense. My son is going top 20 at one of the traditional powers and am very pleased with the public education and athletic programs in the public system.

And that was your choice. So you better be happy. But sounds to me that you lack confident. Your post also says you're ignorant.

Your post has few facts and some misguided opinions....

"Tiny" Greenwich 2700 has kids = large hs that always has a competitive team

By way of reference Smithtown east 1700 kids

How has that "powerhouse SE team" done against perennial national powers in the last 10 years? expect they have a loosing record to historically strong local top 20 teams WM, WI etc.

Manhasset always gonna be on the schedule and almost always a good game. You know they are a great program.

GC never gonna be on the schedule - politics on the GC side.

Now I'll answer your question ..."Why bother paying all that money?" Parents and/or kids want something more than the public HS offers. Most likely it is a decision not entirely based on any lacrosse aspirations.

Very sincere Congrats to your son... that is great!

Greenwich may have a good size enrollment, buy draws from a small area, unlike Cham

Syosset will be very strong this year, favorites for county champs

Smithtown beat WM last year and should this year as well, that team will be very good for at least 2 more years. They are on an upswing while WI, WM are down in talent. It's about the present, not the past.

And you are right about Chaminade offering more. More expense, more travel time, more sheltering from reality.

I would cosnider sending my son there if our public school district was not up to par academically or athletically, as they are both important to us. Luckily we do not have that problem. Long Island has top notch public institutions.

But to each their own. Lots of great kids on all these programs and I am looking forward to an exciting season.