Originally Posted by Anonymous
Once again Chaminade as a school could care less about winning games and sports and that is why they will not change. Academics are far more important to the Brothers in charge at Chaminade. Not to say they have not moved kids up before because they have and one is playing this year that was on Varsity last year as well and I think they moved a baseball player up this year. It is rare but it happens. As far as hurting recruiting no way. These kids are more prepared for college work than most if not all from other schools and the coaches know that. College coaches are not going to your local schools looking for kids unless they hear about them first and definitely not going to the lower tear schools for anyone. Better be playing for a good summer team. But you will see 15 -20 coaches on sidelines for Chaminade St Anthony's game every year. I do not have a kid at the school so dont bash me for that but I live on LI and know the reputation and have spoken to many head coaches.

You're certifiable if you think that Chaminade doesn't care about winning games and sports. Why then the flashy athletic center and redo of the stadium? Just because the money was burning a hole in their pockets? Please...Chaminade knows that good athletics = good business and cares deeply about both.