Originally Posted by Anonymous
What do you do if you live in a non peer house town like me(commack) and ghe coach does the same thing. He wants your kid to play for his travel team and no other. My kid is not developed enough to play for one of the big clubs but most clubs are still better than commack. Feel like I'm being forced to pay and play for the varsity coaches "travel" team that stinks.

I would imagine that if my child was destined to be on, by your description, a non competitive HS team and he was yet to deveolop and earnestly wanted to play; I would lean towards putting my money towards a club program where better coaching may be had and ultimately have a better overall experience. I would not enjoy the taste of the feeling of having pay to play, so to speak, for the weaker town travel team.

If he ends up developing into a good enough player for the travel team of his choice, he will at least have that enjoyable experience under his belt with vastly more potential to be scouted if that is in his future.

Even if his high school coach doesn't play him, he can stay with with his club team and continue to grow as a player and have a great time.

Hope that helps