I appreciate your perspective coach. But you can get down off your soap box on parenting techniques.

What I don't appreciate is people saying - "It is what it is it, and it isn't going to change".

Why isn't it going to change?? It is getting more out of control every year. When is it too much?

As lacrosse becomes more popular, and more nationally competitive, this becomes a bigger and more obvious issue. Back when my '21 was a rising 8th grader, there were some holdbacks, and of course kids who had grown and kids who hadn't but now it is the majority of the kids on the more competitive 2027 teams. With the addition of "national" teams into the mix, they are recruiting blindly so size plays an even bigger factor, and more and more kids are being forced to reclass if they want to keep up. So tired of seeing my team getting injured by kids that have 60 lbs on them. It's boys against men and it's not safe. 2 ER visits after our last tournament. Anyone that is telling me to quit whining either has a holdback or has a kid on a b team where this is not as much of an issue. Clearly size and strength is becoming more important than ever in the game. Barely any kids under 6' on most of the D1 rosters, and very few that are "on age". It doesn't have to start in middle school.