Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'll say it again. the WSYL is a defunct entity that closed its doors because of lawsuits held against their liabilities. This new event that you all seem to think is legitimate is also a sham. The only thing holding this event together is the fact that money is to be made off of people willing to spend recklessly. Inflation is at 8.5% which means that the mark up for this great sporting extravaganza is in the neighborhood of 40%+. Think about that as you hemorrhage money to travel to play the same competition you would most likely see in your region. Lacrosse will always be a hobby. Cricket gets more airtime on ESPN and every major college is looking to drop it. Truth. Lacrosse is a net negative except for folks like yourselves on this thread that think that it matters. Game on I say. Keep the gravy train flowing and the dreams high. They go nowhere fast.

Thank you for your point of view.

Many families are looking forward to traveling to DC, explore the area and watch their son play competitive lacrosse with on age kids from around the country. Sham? Reckless? I don’t believe so. Experience and cost was provided and considered before we signed up.

The fact is that most believe lacrosse IS a hobby as well as an opportunity build great relationships, have great experiences, teach life values, etc.

Thank you again for your concern as to how many of us will invest our time and money. Please share with us your expenses so that we may illuminate for you shams and reckless choices you’re making.

Omg these responses are gold