Originally Posted by Anonymous
An Instagram commenter says the new World Series is being run by True Lacrosse. No idea if true or not.

Sounds like a lot of hearsay for those if you who are hoping that the world series is back . There ha seen absolutely no mention of this by any club or coach . Sounds like fake news . " An email circulating " doesn't exactly mean that something is happening . So don't go cancel your travel plans because someone said that someone said that someone said and I heard from this one who heard from that one . Seriously, find a hobby . It's just wishful thinking at this point

If you go back a page on this forum, there is a new Instagram page and a new website which are posted. The tournament is now being run by True Lacrosse, which also runs the Pinnacle tournaments. I just got an email last night from my 2027 son's club (not a Long Island-based club) confirming it. My understanding is that it is something of a "soft" reopening and that the IG page and website don't have full info yet, but it's confirmed that the North qualifier is at Cappelli Sports Complex in NJ on 3/12-3/13/22 and that the Mid-Atlantic qualifier is at the Delaware Turf Complex the same days.

All together now " I heard it from a coach who heard it from a coach who ,says that people are messing around ....heard it from a coach who heard it from a coach who said the works series is back on ".

Newsflash....nobody cares about the wsyl ...most people were happy to see it go away as it was a joke . Just another tournament at a different location . It's not national or world level because nobody outside of the northeast or maybe Colorado care about lacrosse, in fact the majority of the people in this country don't w en know what it is . So stop wishing for it to come back so that you can say your son " went to the world series " I know it might sound cool to say to your friends and family but it's a joke

My boys did not have a chance to play in it but everyone I know that had kids that played said it was really cool - overall a great experience. Watching the 1st WSYL on TV was eye opening for me. I had no idea 7th grade boys could be so skilled at lacrosse. I hope the new organizers continue with the age based structure. If it is on TV I will definitely watch it!!