Originally Posted by Anonymous
So your favorite penguin (Igloo) announced they are having a WSYL only team open to kids from any and all clubs. I assume that the result of this will be other club owners forbidding players from playing outside their club or following suit. This from a program who used to advertise themselves as the "anti travel" program, no more that 22 kids and only one team per age group.

Saw that email. I thought there was a WSYL rule about having to have played for the organization for a period of tine? If not this really will take away the legitimacy of the WS. I usually put them on a pedestal of verifying ages etc. Joke

I agree. How do you then advertise hey we won the World Series but not really with our players??

Who was invited to this special Igloo tryout? And who made the WS team? I don’t see anything on their site?

WORLD SERIES TRYOUTS
BEING HELD ON THE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 10 AT CANTIAGUE PARK IN HICKSVILLE FROM 7PM TO 9PM! ITS OPEN TO ALL PLAYERS FROM ALL CLUBS WHOSE BIRTHDAYS FALL ON OR AFTER 9/1/2008!!!! YOU CAN ALSO REGISTER FOR THEM AT: http://igloolacrosse.sportssignup.com/site/