Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]91 trashy parents with their bedazzled jerseys are gross. But holdbacks are even more pathetic. Funny to read from the kings parent how “their best players are of age” … sure not true but even so, why have them then ??? Because they improve your teams chances of winning… duhhhh

hi newbies. I have an older kid. heads up by the time this group reaches 9th grade almost the entire roster will be 2008 birthdays. Kids from out of state, guest players, etc. Care less about about winning games and focus solely on your kid getting better. And if your kid is spring/summer 2009 start thinking about holding back because you have a slim shot.

I agree 1000%, I’d hold my kid back 2 more times if I could, heck I’d like to see him drive to his first day of high school. Those of you that complain the most about holdbacks are definitely so angry for 2 reasons. One, your wife won’t let you and she keeps your stones in a jar on her night table. Two, you can’t afford the $5k for Catholic or cyber school to pull this off and you’re angry. But it’s OK, the view from your high horse makes you feel like more of a man I guess. Your BS sense of honor and $2 will get you a cup of coffee. Look for me showing up at the next tournament with my 27’ son driving me there in my $70k Jeep with his learners permit.