Originally Posted by Anonymous
So tired of watching my on age 2027's on-age team go up against multiple kids on multiple 2027 teams who are 6' 0" 180- (not many 13 y/olds I know that are that size). Aren't these older kids/parents embarrassed to be playing against kids half their size? Do they think that this is a true measure of their kid's athletic prowess? As lacrosse becomes more popular, and 1 and 2 year reclassing becomes the status quo, the on age kids from Long island while getting tougher, are getting the s@#t kicked out of them. Who is this benefiting? Not to mention, by high school there are so many kids that don't have the option to reclass, going up against 1 and 2 year reclasses, adding to what is already an exclusivity problem for the sport of lacrosse. Thanks to World Series for evening the playing field for at least 1 tournament this summer since US Lacrosse doesn't seem to want to.

detest to be the one to tell you this, but it isn't always just because of reclassing. The 7th to 8th grade window is where the biggest disparities happen because everyone is hitting puberty and major growth spurts at different times. I've seen 6'0 180lb kid going against a 5'4 120 pounder and the latter is a full year older.
Yes, reclass is partially an issue, but let's stop banging that drum like it is the only issue facing lacrosse right now.

Guess what, if you get to HS and even college, you might stay 5'4 and have to go against a 6'5 defenseman. Quit your whining, have your kid develop some toughness and thick skin and get out there and play. That's one of the beauties of this sport, all players of all sizes can be successful. Stop making excuses for why your kid isn't good enough and work with him so that he gets better.

Life isn't fair, sports aren't fair. This is a competition, we keep score. There are winners and losers and you are going to be one or the other at some point. The best thing you can teach your son is how to deal with both and move on to the next challenge.

Thanks holdback dad.

Stop crying 91 dad....nobody cares about the world series anymore . You can keep dodging big tournaments and crying about holdbacks but nothing is going to change . Grab a box of tissues it's going to be a long ride