Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There should be an All-star game that is played after the World Series. Two top kids from each team should be selected with campions getting to enter 3 kids. The coaches from the two teams in the WSYL championship game should be the coaches for the all-star game.

Only problem I see is that the daddy coaches shouldn’t be the ones to pick the top two kids from each team. Not sure how you get around that?

The all star teams are the top four teams at the wsyl. If you are not on those teams you are not an all star!

Winner. Go play on the top 5 national ranked teams and you do not have to play for a national team. Your top 5 team will crush any national team and you save $$$. Only dingdongs play for multiple teams.[/quote]

Clearly you have older sons like me, this is correct. Do not wast $ on national teams or showcases until sophomore and junior year. National teams lose to the top five and even ten best club teams. Just a money grab and no recruiting. And sc do very little. Go to college days hosted by the college in tenth grade. My oldest is playing mid level d1and all his friends too. Too many first time parents spend so much when all they have to do is have kid on best local club team.[/quote]

Maybe you need to install some spell check but otherwise good advice for the novice parents.[/quote]

Yup. Why so much competition to be on 91 and Express