Originally Posted by Anonymous
No reason to holdback in wrestling because wrestlers are matched by weight, or in football b/c of weight limits for skill position players pre-high school in many parts of the country. As for soccer, they go by birth year as far as I know, not graduation year. Lacrosse encourages it because of these national tournaments based on grad year only and b/c there are no size restrictions for any position. Also keep in mind that, at this point in development, a kid with an August or September 2008 birthday may be more developed than his peers, not because he is a "holdback" in the sense of a kid who is a full year older than his competition (i.e. a 2007 birthday). The Cali team has some big kids and the Laxachusetts team has some young men. Willing to give NorCal the benefit of the doubt that the reason they don't have a WSYL team is because the the 100 mile radius rule (which benefits the population dense east coast and I'm guessing is just big enough to cover the area the Machine draws from;). A 100 mile radius in many parts of the country covers a much smaller population than in LI/NYC. Wonder if the coaches for Machine have calmed down yet. Poor kids.

You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about in regards to wrestling. Holding back in wrestling is way more rampant than lacrosse, makes lax parents look like amateurs. I’d break it all down for you but the fact that you posted this tells me how little you know about elite level wrestling.