I’ll try not to get too far off track from the usual discussion topics (e.g., holdbacks, LI vs Maryland trash talk, team ranking, money grab, daddy ball coaching, or the “bitter my kid got cut from team so-and-so” response . . .). My son’s 3d NorCal 2020 team recently played in the LI Lax Clash in Garden City (against LIE North 2020 AA, LIE 2020 Leghart & Team 91 2020 Orange).

Probably some on this board will deride it as an 2nd tier tournament with all the top teams playing at Crab Feast and the mere mention of 3d will trigger some hate – but we had a very pleasant and positive experience. Exactly what a 14 year just finishing 8th grade is supposed to have at a summer lacrosse tournament. Got to see some East coast relatives as an aside.

We were short a number of players and needed to ‘borrow’ from some of the LI Express teams. They were great kids, all contributed and said they had fun as well. From what I’ve read on this board, I expected to encounter some ‘vocal’ parents, but that was not the case at all. And to answer the most common question our kids were asked – no, I don’t think any of them surf.