Originally Posted by Anonymous
And because your son couldn't compete with other kids his age you had to resort to cheating to get him there. What a fine parent you are...

News alert. College coaches are just looking for the best kids in each class. They couldn't care less what the age is.

The only people who care are certain parents. Happens in every sport (football, basketball, etc.)

Chill out.

I asked a d1 head assistant wether he cared if a recruit was a year older the his grade peers. His answer was he'd rather have the kid 19-23 as opposed to 18-22.

My son was recruited as a somewhat small 9th grader playing up on a varsity age summer team. All the big schools came after him and he got a lot of money! I say play up, not down and you will get attention!

Awesome, but seems like exception to the rule. Travel teams all flock to the bigger (i.e. older) kids. The difference between many A and B teams is as much size as skill. I am not holding Ty Xanders or Recruiting Rundown out as the be all end all, but any time they do write ups on players one of the first comments is about size. At many of these showacases the coaches make no bones about saying they want the biggest, strongest kids. None of these club teams care about holdbacks either. that is because they all feel they need holdbacks to bebale to hang with their competitors. Edge Ontario, Crabs, etc, are all loaded with older kids, so how else can you hope to beat them? It is not rocket science. Now if you have a kid who isn't physically mature and is age appropriate with some skill it can be very, very frustrating. However, cheating is rampant and actively encouraged by everyone in leadership positions in this game. Sorry, but it is what it is.