Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have a legitimate question, and I really don't want snarky replies (not sure that is even possible on this forum, but I thought I would throw that out there). How do these "all-star" rosters get selected for these showcase tournaments? I was under the impression that the college coaches in attendance "selected" the kids that they wanted to see again. Which, by the way makes perfect sense to me. This past weekend, the roster was released and then when the teams started tweeting out who played for their team in the all-star game, the roster didn't match who played. Just wondering? Can the coaches of the club teams place anyone they want in the all-star game?

Part 2 of the question, do kids that have already "committed" play in these all-star games, or are they automatically disqualified?
The coaches may be asked who to look out for on their team. This does not guarantee them a spot. It only puts a "watch out for" this 3 or 4 kids. The event organizers and college coaches ultimately make the selections. Club coach has little to do with it beyond here are our top 4-6 kids keep an eye on them.