Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]That early Michigan commit should get interesting. I'll be shocked if the current coach is still there by the time his NLI day comes...
Plays for Kellenberg if I'm not mistaken

your talking about the Dpole (at Kelly) not the middie 19/20 recent commit.
Without getting us off the topic (2020) too much, Why would a coach leave over the next 3 years from one of the top colleges in one of the top conferences in the country when from all appearances, he is making inroads in recruiting and is probably building himself a premier program with likely unparalleled resources. Seems like he is set for the time being and I would think this is a place I would want to go for all the reasons stated. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Wolvorines in the tournament within the next few years.

Are you serious?? Great school but the lacrosse program is a trainwreck! Getting worse not better, even though they have some talented players. Did they even win a game this year? So many better options. Pathetic!
Explain exactly what constitutes a better option than the University of Michigan? Lets see I'll give you Ivies (if you can get in) then maybe Duke, ND, GTown, UVA (maybe) then...? A school that pays for all four years of college? last I checked there are only 3 schools in DI that guarantee a four year education and there are some strings attached to that agreement.

School is good, no doubt. Lax program miserable. My kid was offered there, but since lacrosse will be a big part of his college experience with the rigor of being a D1 athlete, he chose another on your list. I guess it would also depend how serious you are about contributing to a winning program. If you are satisfied riding pine and getting berated by a losing coach in fear of his job, maybe it's the right place, after all it is a fine school in other aspects.

To each his own. But plenty of coaches berate players and tons will ride the pine for 4 years at tons of schools. I don't have a dog in the fight but folks on a 2020 board taking shots at UM cuz they arent winning now are missing the bigger picture. UM does very few things half way. Doubt the current record stays that way by the time 19/20 kids get there. And...as mentioned...while lax is important so is getting a job. UM has one of the largest and most active alumni bases you will find...as does ND, Duke, Harvard, etc...