Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am beginning to feel the same way about this whole recruiting process. I have a 2018 that I have been told and I believe is a mid level D1 player. I feel this has really become a money grab on so many levels. Dislike these showcase / recruiting events in which there is no playoff or championship game. What happened to playing to win and winning because you are good? Too much of a pay as you go process. If he is good enough to be noticed great, if not, he can try to walk-on! Why does HS club lacrosse cost more than youth club lacrosse? There are no spring practices and spring leagues for the HS teams, yet it costs more???

If you feel there is no value, then just do prospect days and hope for the best. He might get seen, he might not. What your paying for with a good club organization is access to the coaches that you as apparent cannot get. The good clubs have many coaches cell phone numbers and can reach out and get real feedback about your son. They can be the heavy in an offer negotiation. They can also pressure a College to do the right thing towards their player, less they direct the next stud elsewhere. Winning games is great, don't get me wrong. However, having a organization behind your son's recruiting effort is far more important. Just our experience.