Originally Posted by Anonymous
Refering to a "Simple Verbal"

I understand the fact that nothing is binding. But this agreement is nothing but simple to the future of Penn State. A new coach isn't voided whatever arraignment that was made, that is as ridiculous as your signed in blood comment, instead a new coach will thank Tambroni and Toner. Penn State was on the minds of many 2017 2018 and 2019 I think they just moved up a bit higher on many 18/19 listings (except for some lefty attacks).

For the many that said he "would have had" many offers, how do you know he didn't and the family what was best - no one has to explain anything.

Again not a Simple Verbal.

So you can project what a new coach will do? You have no idea so you're the one coming off ridiculous. Your statement that this kids verbal is critical to the future of Penn State lacrosse is even more absurd. Penn State will be just fine with or without him. It is a great institution and many talented players will want to go there regardless if this kid is going there or not. At this point it is a verbal and only a verbal, which by its very definition is a "simple" agreement between the coach and the kid. I dont care how good the kid is, no one can predict the future, and between now and 2020, any manner of things can happen to change the course of events on either side.

Verbal is an offer, including the amount of money to be given. Some of these high caliber earelies get close to a full ride, my son being one of them whome comitted earmy aND everything worked out exactly as specified. The school will honor this commitment. You are just a jealous troll looking to minimize this amazing achievement. Stop being negative and worry about your own kid because you are not a part of the club!

You must not understand what a VERBAL offer is, despite you ranting that your son is one of them.

Its like saying you're "kinda pregnant". In other words, foolish.

They could offer him hookers and blow, free cars and tuition. It is still a verbal offer. Tambroni, new coach, the AD, the institution, etc. can rescind the offer. Same goes for the kid. The fact of the matter is things can change, as we've seen in the past. You can be the better than sliced bread and have a change of heart. Ever heard of Curtis Zappala? Exactly. It cuts both ways.

And if you're insinuating it is more the a verbal offer, I'm sure the NCAA would like to have a word or two.

I believe the comment "it isn't a simple verbal" was meant as it is more than a commitment to one kid. It could be seen as an ingenious marketing move to say PSU went out and got the best, now we want the rest.

This verbal opens eyes and makes PSU an instant attraction. They aren't on the top fringe for lacrosse but remain to be a top academic school, this move makes then instantly appealing for the next generation of players.

I think it actually cast a very bad light on PSU. No one and I mean no one is going to PSU because they had a kid in 8th grade who knows what he is majoring in college and what his masters will be in make the decision for them. No kids can relate to the kid who is expected to be better then Rabil.Kids will chose schools that best fit what they want to do in the future. A kid commits to Penn State because an eighth grader is giving a verbal and chances are the wind blows to the right and he switched schools. Happens all the time so your theory is all wrong ..Try again

That is wrong again! Penn state is in the position to offer big money to early commits. it is also a topped ranked institution in the top 50 above Maryland, Syracuse, Ohio State, U Mass, Denver , SBU, etc. They have had several recruits over the past few years who could have gone anywhere they wanted. Two of the top ranked kids in this years senior class have chosen that school because they offer so much. One of their top performers this year, Ahment, was also a top player on the number one HS team last year where the fee is 40k, Haverford. Kid chose Penn State. The MLL lacrosse MVP went there as well as the arguably best goalie in the sport who also plays for the Lizards. Yes, a kid could switch schools, or transfer, but the grass is not always greener! So stop with the hate for a school who is the top choice for kids who have their choice!