Originally Posted by Anonymous
When will the AS MD team roster be released? Gotta see this one.
Early info says the selections are a joke! I had to shake my head at a couple of them...

This was a post from another forum on this topic that may be appropriate here: "I have a few challenges to this line of thinking. If a player didn’t make a team it doesn’t mean that the process was political or flawed. It’s entirely possible they didn’t play better than the other girls over the course of the tryout. Also, as it relates to “top”players, there are 4 truly dominant 2028 players in our area - the 3 Coppermine mids and the Hero mid. They stand out in every game. Maybe you add another 5-6 that come right below them, but there are not 20-30 players that are top-top and would be automatic to make these teams. There is a lot of closely matched talent and players throughout this region. There are also a lot of non-middies on these top teams that are highly athletic with great stick skills and get a chance to shine in these tryouts where they don’t always don’t get to on their club team based on their role. Girls should look in the mirror if they didn’t get the result they wanted versus blaming the evaluators and the process."

This may be shocking to you, but there are more than just 4 dominant players at 2028. End of day, the parents on the teams know the star players on their own team. They know that Sally is a backup and Molly scores 30% of the team goals and get 50% of the draws, If Sally made the team and Molly didn't get a callback, its a major red flag and yes, it speaks to the "quality of the evaluation" process. Too many girls, not enough educated eyes? Poor drills that do not show talent? I don't know, but I do know its not a case of "girls needing to look in mirror". Give me a break.

Congrats on your kid making a team though.
Sums it up perfectly!