Originally Posted by Anonymous
The guy who predicted M&D would beat Hero's here to eat my words. Nice run by Hero's at Mid-Atlantic, topping it off with a big W over Coppermine in the Championship.

I think you care a little too much about 8th grade lax. Might wanna find a secondary hobby.

Says the person reading and commenting on an 8th grade lacrosse message board on a Sunday afternoon... Some folks have limited self-awareness.

I'm pretty clear that I am all-in supporting my daughters' sports, and I like and respect the competition in the Mid-Atlantic. So all good here, thanks. I also believe in accountability, even on an Anonymous board. Hence, owning my bad prediction.

I will make a new prediction too--"new norm" guy above will also need to eat some words this season.

Good job owning up to this, respect.

What did you see that had you picking M&D? Looks like Hero’s improved the most and is a strong team.

I was looking at a couple of indicators. On M&D's side, the decent losses to Coppermine and Eagle Stix suggested to me that they were competing athletically and finishing games, and the higher scores on offense against mid-tier A-level competition indicated that their attack was coming together. Was looking for those two factors to combine against Hero's and give them a shot at the win, after their solid Sunday at Chesapeake Invitational.

Additionally, Hero's early tournament results were inconclusive based on the scores, and lower-tier A pool competition, and I wasn't buying the hype from the Hero's cheerleaders on this board. One or two games don't necessarily set season-long precedent, but a good tourney for Hero's and 2 very solid wins (M&D and Coppermine), for sure.