Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s the American 🇺🇸 way- we love the underdogs and detest the winners- unless you are that winner. Coppermine does nothing different than any of the other clubs including my daughter’s club. We have played them many times and no different than M&D, Hero’s Green, MDU or Crush which in my opinion round out the 5 best 28’s in the area. The best kids have always practiced or guest played with clubs before finding their permanent club and were doing it back when my oldest played club over 7 years ago. All other girls go to tryouts. At least with the growth of the sport I don’t see has any out of state girls coming to play just the Summer Tournament Season with local clubs like they did with certain clubs in the past. Please don’t let these bitter parents on here defer anyone for going to tryouts for whichever club you think is the best fit for your daughter whether one of those mentioned Big 5 or any other club. Do your own research, speak to the coaches, meet the teams / players, see the development others girls are getting and do what is best for your daughter. I see a lot of bitterness, jealousy and hear a lot of excuses on here. Wish I knew which teams some of these parents had their kids on because I would stay away from those teams honestly. I personally love the newer competition my 28 daughter has as compared to my older 2 girls where it always came down to the same 3 or 4 teams every year and tournament.

Well said and totally agree. The top 5 are all at the top for similar reasons, however their differences are what will make one a better fit for one player over another. Research is key to find out which one the best fit....and BEYOND this forum kind of research. The additional talented teams at the 28 level make for a better experience and more opportunities for everyone.

There are many things to consider for all of us as we decide which Club or Team to tryout for. Individual Team is one consideration while overall Club is another consideration. Everyone has different priorities…it may be relationships with friends…maybe style of play of each coach…perhaps which team wins the most games…or possibly recruiting history…maybe individual development of all players…so as you see the list can go on and on. The consistency of a Club year in and year out is another important factor.

There is a distinct difference between a Club as a whole and an individual Team. The clubs most of us are considering all have had teams in many graduation years for some time. They all have a track record of history to this point. So of the Clubs often considered here, these are the current National Average Rankings of the local Clubs as a whole.

As of July 1 for all eligible ranked teams 2023-2028. (6 grad years).

Coppermine Black - 52
MD United East - 31
Skywalkers Blue - 16
Hero’s Green - 4
M&D Black - 2

Any Club can have one great Team as an outlier from time to time and that is admirable. An example of this is Coppermine 2028, great team no doubt about it. They in-fact beat their 2027 team today for the Youth World Festival Championship. Great for the 2028 team but not a good thing for the Club.

Anyone can choose to invest in a promise or a hope for the future and no one will fault anyone for that. Others will choose to make their decisions based off of history.

And you have to recognize that change is inevitable. Faulting people for choosing coppermine because their current recruiting track record doesn't match up with the historical 3, but they keep beating those 3 teams seems a little backwards. Change happens. There is room for more talent at the top.