Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Laxdad09
Predictions for this weekend?

It will be interesting. There's four solid teams at 2028 MD level, Crush is kinda in between then a big drop off. Not sure the big four are just elite or product of low 2028 A teams.
This weekend will help determine that.

The fact that there are 4 (sometimes 5) top teams that can trade wins and losses here in Maryland, and who have traded wins and losses with non-MD teams (Aces, YJ, etc) leads me to believe that they're just as elite as other regions. If some of this talent condensed more into one or two teams, you'd probably see more of a pyramid where one or two teams typically beats everyone like @ other years. Some people predict this will happen as the years go on, I guess time will tell.

The one team that I'm interested to see at the NGLL tournament this weekend is Eaglestix 28. Though I sometimes think the hype is coming straight from GA, they've been touted as the team to beat. But they've also historically played a weak schedule. Will be interesting to see this weekend whether they're heads-and-shoulders above the rest as some have said, or on par with others (which is still really good).