Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Laxdad09
Predictions for this weekend?

I think M&D will beat Aces and get to the final. Hard to predict them bigger Eagle Stix, especially in a 50 minute game. ES is just too big, talented and physical.

Hope M&D can embrance being the underdog and pull the upset.

I don't think the Eagle Stix game would be close with M&D. M&D doesn't have the speed/athleticism to hang with Eagle Stix.

I think the gap is more about size than speed or athleticism plus the complexity of ES's offense.

If M&D can win at least 50% of draws, and slow the game down, they have a chance. If they get down a few goals early, it could get ugly quickly.

Given that they are likely to play twice in 24 hours, i think this would be M&D an better shot in the second game.

Though I don't think they will make the title game, I think Aces matches up better with Eagle Stix due to their physicality.

Since Eagle Stix gets to pull from a whole state, its too bad we couldn't do an "all-star" team from the NGLL A teams after the NGLL regular season and give them a shot at Eagle Stix
I don't think your premise is accurate. I spoke with a couple fathers of Eagle Stix players at last year's NGLL and they indicated that the girls all live within about a 15 mile radius. I would think that compares with other 2028 elite teams.
Originally Posted by Laxdad09
Predictions for this weekend?

I think M&D will beat Aces and get to the final. Hard to predict them bigger Eagle Stix, especially in a 50 minute game. ES is just too big, talented and physical.

Hope M&D can embrance being the underdog and pull the upset.

I don't think the Eagle Stix game would be close with M&D. M&D doesn't have the speed/athleticism to hang with Eagle Stix.

I think the gap is more about size than speed or athleticism plus the complexity of ES's offense.

If M&D can win at least 50% of draws, and slow the game down, they have a chance. If they get down a few goals early, it could get ugly quickly.

Given that they are likely to play twice in 24 hours, i think this would be M&D an better shot in the second game.

Though I don't think they will make the title game, I think Aces matches up better with Eagle Stix due to their physicality.

Since Eagle Stix gets to pull from a whole state, its too bad we couldn't do an "all-star" team from the NGLL A teams after the NGLL regular season and give them a shot at Eagle Stix
I don't think your premise is accurate. I spoke with a couple fathers of Eagle Stix players at last year's NGLL and they indicated that the girls all live within about a 15 mile radius. I would think that compares with other 2028 elite teams.

Almost all kids are north Atlanta suburbs. They have a massive youth program which starts as early as MD.

Biggest advantage ES has is these kids have already been playing together for 6 years.